Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to blog their top ten books on their fall TBR list. The titles are in no particular order.



1. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie Dao has been on my TBR list for quite awhile. I was fortunate enough to meet her at BEA 2017 and I cannot wait to read the book. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns is the first book in the Rise of Empress series. If you are looking for Asian retelling of the Evil Queen from Snow White, definitely check out this novel.


2. The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken is a middle grade novel about a boy named Prosper who finds out that a demon lives within him due to one of his ancestors breaking a contract. Fall seems a perfect time to read this novel!


3. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng is a novel that everyone has been raving about. I was fortunate enough to meet Celeste at BEA 2017 but I love how she lives in the same state as me and she always has events in MA. I cannot wait to read this contemporary adult novel about family, adoption and more.


4. The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman is the prequel to Practical Magic. Readers will finally learn more about the Owens Curse. I am hoping to attend her book event on October 31st. How fitting?!


5. Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi is a companion novel to Furthermore. A girl is entrusted with the destiny to spend her days washing the bodies of the dead and preparing their souls for the afterlife. Intriguing in a morbid way, this middle grade novel piqued my interest and what a perfect time to read it too! 



6. Shadow Weaver by MarcyKate Connolly is a middle grade novel about a girl who can control shadows ever since she was a baby. This is the first book in a dark fantasy duology. I am a big fan of MarcyKate's previous companion series, Monstrous and I look forward to diving into more fantastic writing!


7. The Ravenous by Amy Lukavics is Amy's third book. The Ravenous is about the Cane family who seems like the perfect family until one of the daughters dies in an accident and then is somehow brought back from the dead. However, she needs to feed on human flesh to survive. Not only is Amy's writing horrifically fantastic but she sets the tone for some of the perfect novels to be read during the Halloween season.



8. American Street by Ibi Zoboi is actually a book I am currently reading. The novel follows Fabiola who starts a new life in Detroit, MI after leaving Haiti. Unfortunately, her mother is detained in New Jersey and Fabiola learns to adapt without her mother in a new country. The novel moves at a fast pace and is definitely a novel everyone should read.

9. Little Elliot, Fall Friends by Mike Curato is the fourth book in the Little Elliot picture book series. Readers can follow Elliot and his friend Mouse in the countryside during the fall season. Mike's illustrations are timeless and his storytelling is captivating.


10. The Crowns of Croswald by D.E. Night is a fantasy novel about a boarding school called Halls of Ivy which is a school where students learn to master their magic and the power of Croswald’s mysterious gems. I haven't heard about this novel until recently but it's definitely up my alley. I love to read books about magic and boarding schools.



What novels are you looking forward to this fall? Do you prefer to read a certain genres during certain seasons?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the new Amy Lukavics book, I loved all her other stuff.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2017/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-7-books-on-my-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to find another Amy Lukavics fan! Her books are pretty fantastic!

      Delete