Saturday, December 9, 2017

Novel Notes: Hello December

Novel Notes is a new feature where I will be discussing about my life. Some topics may include life events, travel and food. If you have suggestions about topics I should write about, please leave a comment at the end of the post.


Happy December everyone. Sorry for the decrease in posts lately. It's been a rough couple of months with life related events. Work as been taking a lot of my energy and time due to constant stress and the increases amount of time I need to put into my job. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving last month and I have been enjoying the weather lately. We're suppose to be getting snow this weekend in Massachusetts which is exciting yet daunting at the same time. Although I love flurries, I absolutely despise when too much snow accumulates. Walking on ice and through snow is rough and I walk pretty much everywhere. The only time I love a lot of snow is when it grants me a snow day or if I don't have plans to leave the house. However, I would love to see snow on Christmas Eve or on Christmas Day! We haven't had a white Christmas in awhile.

I do have one exciting news for you. I recently got engaged! My fiancé popped the question on our 10th anniversary last month! It was so unexpected too! We hope to get married in 2018 or 2019 in October at a brewery somewhere in New Hampshire, Vermont or in Maine! My fiancé and I love visiting random breweries and vineyards in the New England states and would love to host a wedding with good beer, good food and good company. I am excited to get married but I am not really looking forward to the planning process.

I haven't read too much lately. I was able to read one book last month and I absolutely adored it! I read American Panda by Gloria Chao in one sitting the day I received the book. It's a heartfelt book about trying to live up to your family's expectations. You want to pursue your passion but at the same time you don't want to let down your parents. Part of the journey is finding the courage to speak up and to find out what makes you happy. If you enjoyed reading Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman and/or When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon, check out American Panda.

I participated in The Broke and the Bookish's 8th Secret Santa Swap this year. By chance I received a package from Sara from Forever17Books. She nailed this year's package perfectly! The wrapping paper is lovely and that card!!! Look at all the puppies! I am excited to read Tales of from the Shadowhunter Academy and Made You Up. The Nightmare Before Christmas socks are too cute and how adorable is the Ravenclaw winter beanie ornament with the pom pom? Thank you so much Sara for getting the book colors too! Yay blue and bronze! Also, I can't wait to drink a mug of the mint hot chocolate while reading a book next to the Christmas tree with the cute ornament hanging from the tree. Thanks again Sara for the holiday cheer! I love everything you've gifted and I know you put a lot of time and thought into selecting everything.






What has been happening in your life recently? Read any good books lately? Any huge life events that happened? How was your Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment